TOP 3 BACK TO SCHOOL ESSENTIALS THAT AREN"T SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Back to School we go!
As if the hussle and bussle of back to school errands weren’t enough; school supply shopping, wellness visits, eye exams, dentist appointments, etc. We, the parents, also have to consider our children's personal hygiene routines.
There is nothing worse than being the smelly kid in class.
And did you know that kids between the ages of 7 to 13 need to start personal hygiene now to help grow into healthy habits?
According to the latest recommendation from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), hand sanitizers contain an EPA registered pesticide. Because of the increasing resistance to antibiotic all over the world, the CDC states that washing thoroughly with soap and water, help remove germs whereas antimicrobials eliminate good bacteria and promote the rise of more resistant bacteria.
Teach children how to wash their hands with regular soap and water. If you must use hand sanitizers as a matter of convenience, then find something natural or use readily available robbing alcohol with at least 70% alcohol this is the best way to prevent the spread of germs.
When considering these items, considering choosing a natural product to avoid artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial preservatives, gluten, parabens, peroxides, and other chemicals that aren’t safe. Choosing a natural product is safer for you, your family and our environment.
#1: Natural Hand Sanitizer
● Bringing home germs is inevitable with school age children. The number one way to cut down on germs is hand washing BUT kids barely remember to wash their hands after using the bathroom, let alone washing them regularly. Using a natural hand sanitizer will help eliminate germs as well as limit the amount of alcohol your child ingests compared to using non-natural based hand sanitizers.
>>> What are some back to school supplies that YOU find aren’t essential?
● Young Living offers a natural based hand sanitizer that’s safe for all ages and is enhanced with natural oils to keep hands clean.
#2: Natural Toothpaste / Travel toothpaste and toothbrush
● If your school age children wear braces, considering purchasing them a travel kit to place in their backpack. It’s important that one brushes their teeth after consuming meals, especially when wearing braces.
● Tom’s of Maine offers a great line of all natural toothpaste for kids and adults ranging in a wide variety of flavors.
#3: Natural Kids Deodorant
● Most parents think the age of 7 is too young to wear deodorant, when in fact this is the age some children are just starting to come into adolescence. This is the perfect time to begin teaching children about personal hygiene and the importance of the changes going on within their bodies.
● Your very own Growing Basics® offers deodorant especially for kids, free of aluminum, paraben, talc, triclosan, alcohol, and sulfate, helping minimize the chemicals their growing bodies are exposed to through body care products, (www.growingbasics.com)
Articles from The Natural Start should not be considered as medical advice. If you have any questions concerning health, please consult a medical professional.